I know I am going to regret this being the title of my very first post on my brand-spankin’ blog, but…
B and I had a great day at the kayak festival today in Salida. I completely forgot the camera, which was sitting on the table with a freshly charged battery in it, so I have nil photos to show you of said fun. Generally, though, the trip was a success.
1. I remembered to put sunscreen on both B and myself, avoiding burning and general redness.
2. I managed to bring the stroller (which I usually forget on solo trips), which was indispensable since B is a child of The Hulk.
3. B was impeccably behaved at our lunch at my favorite coffee shop – Brown Dog Coffee Co. – where we had a delectable chicken salad sandwich, chips, and Mexican Chocolate ice cream. Joy and joy.
4. The drive was uneventful and peaceful. Nobody cried – including me – and it was just lovely.
5. I timed the trip perfectly to insure a nap on the way (at least 25 minutes of a nap) and a nice long nap once we got home. Success!
6. I brought enough snacks and water to keep B happy and healthy. And hydrated.
And theeeen, we got to Daddy’s work, where we had to stop off to deliver a souvenir to his boss. I get B out of the car seat, ready to give lovin’ to all of his admirers up there, and feel his pants. Wet. Big wet spot on the butt. There’s no denying it (although my mind immediately thought “spilled water?”) – the boy had peeped his pants.
So, we got to enjoy the company of others while B sat on my lap and transferred his wet spot to my thigh. I’m no stranger to wet clothing (remember when they’re little and nursing and they pee all over you? No? Just me?), but having super-soaked diaper leak onto your leg is just one of the many joys of toddlerhood that I’ll not be missing when it’s gone.